If you’re a fan of chicken pot pie, then you know just how delicious and comforting this classic dish can be. And now, with the help of an air fryer, you can enjoy all the flavors of a traditional chicken pot pie in a fraction of the time.
But how long should you cook your chicken pot pie in the air fryer? That’s a great question, and the answer will depend on a few factors, such as the size of your pie and the temperature of your air fryer. In general, though, you can expect to cook your chicken pot pie in the air fryer for around 25-30 minutes.
When cooking your chicken pot pie in the air fryer, it’s important to preheat your air fryer to around 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Once your air fryer is preheated, place your chicken pot pie inside and cook for about 10 minutes. Then, reduce the heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and continue cooking for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is heated through.
It’s important to note that cooking times may vary depending on the brand and model of your air fryer, so be sure to consult your manufacturer’s instructions for specific guidance.
Once your chicken pot pie is done cooking, carefully remove it from the air fryer and let it rest for a few minutes before serving. This will allow the filling to set a bit and make it easier to slice and enjoy. Serve your chicken pot pie with a side of fresh salad or steamed vegetables for a complete and satisfying meal.
In conclusion, cooking chicken pot pie in an air fryer is a quick and convenient way to enjoy this classic dish. Just remember to preheat your air fryer, adjust the cooking time according to your specific air fryer model, and let your pie rest before serving. With these tips in mind, you’ll be able to enjoy a delicious chicken pot pie straight from your air fryer in no time.
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie in Air Fryer
Making a delicious chicken pot pie in an air fryer is a quick and easy way to enjoy this comforting classic. With the right ingredients and cooking time, you can achieve a perfectly crispy crust and a creamy filling. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make chicken pot pie in an air fryer:
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup diced potatoes
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup diced carrots
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large skillet, heat some oil over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, and potatoes. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle the flour over the cooked vegetables and stir well.
- Add the chicken broth and milk, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Add the cooked chicken, frozen vegetables, dried thyme, dried rosemary, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Roll out the pre-made pie crust and cut it to fit the size of your air fryer basket.
- Carefully transfer the chicken pot pie filling into a pie dish or into the pie crust.
- Place the pie crust on top of the filling, crimping the edges with a fork to seal.
- Brush the top of the pie crust with some beaten egg for a golden finish.
- Place the chicken pot pie into the air fryer basket and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Remove the chicken pot pie from the air fryer and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy your homemade chicken pot pie straight from the air fryer! Serve it with a side of salad or some steamed vegetables for a complete and satisfying meal.
Preparation of Chicken Pot Pie
Making a delicious chicken pot pie in an air fryer requires some preparation beforehand. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you get it just right:
Before you begin, gather all the necessary ingredients for your chicken pot pie. You will need:
|2 cups cooked chicken, diced
|1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
|1 cup chicken broth
|1/2 cup milk
|1/4 cup all-purpose flour
|1/4 cup butter, melted
|1/2 teaspoon salt
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper
|1 package refrigerated pie crust
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the diced chicken, frozen vegetables, chicken broth, milk, flour, melted butter, salt, and black pepper. Stir well until all the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Roll out the pie crust and use it to line the bottom of a greased pie pan.
- Pour the chicken and vegetable mixture into the pie crust, spreading it out evenly.
- Place the remaining pie crust on top, and seal the edges by pressing them together with a fork.
- Use a knife to cut a few slits in the top crust, allowing steam to escape during cooking.
- Place the pie pan in the preheated air fryer and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is hot and bubbly.
- Once cooked, remove the pie from the air fryer and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Now that you know the preparation steps, you can confidently make a tasty chicken pot pie using your air fryer. Enjoy!
Cooking Time and Temperature
When cooking a chicken pot pie in an air fryer, it’s important to pay attention to the cooking time and temperature to ensure that the pie is cooked through and has a crispy crust.
The recommended cooking temperature for a chicken pot pie in an air fryer is 400°F (200°C). This high temperature allows the crust to become golden brown and crispy while ensuring that the filling is fully cooked.
The cooking time for a chicken pot pie in an air fryer can vary depending on the size and thickness of the pie. As a general guideline, a 6-inch (15 cm) pot pie should be cooked for about 15-18 minutes, while a larger 9-inch (23 cm) pot pie may take 20-25 minutes. It’s important to check the internal temperature of the pie using a meat thermometer to ensure it has reached at least 165°F (74°C), indicating that the filling is fully cooked.
It’s always a good idea to preheat the air fryer before cooking the chicken pot pie. Preheating helps to ensure even cooking and a crispy crust.
Remember to check the pie periodically throughout the cooking process to prevent it from burning. If the crust starts to darken too quickly, you can cover it loosely with aluminum foil to prevent further browning.
Once the chicken pot pie is cooked to perfection, allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving to ensure that the filling has set and won’t be too runny.
By following these cooking time and temperature guidelines, you’ll be able to enjoy a deliciously cooked chicken pot pie with a golden brown and crispy crust.
Serving and Enjoying Your Chicken Pot Pie
Once your delicious chicken pot pie is cooked to perfection in the air fryer, it’s time to serve and enjoy this comforting dish. Follow these tips to ensure a delightful dining experience:
1. Cool and Settle
Allow the chicken pot pie to cool for a few minutes after taking it out of the air fryer. This will allow the filling to settle and thicken slightly, making it easier to serve.
2. Slice and Serve
Carefully slice the chicken pot pie into individual portions using a sharp knife. The crust should be golden brown and flaky, while the filling is piping hot.
Tip: Use a pie server or spatula to lift each slice onto plates without breaking the crust.
3. Garnish and Serve
Enhance the presentation and flavor of your chicken pot pie by garnishing it with fresh herbs, such as parsley or thyme. This will add a touch of vibrancy and freshness to the dish.
Tip: Serve your chicken pot pie with a side of steamed vegetables or a crisp green salad for a well-rounded meal.
4. Enjoy Every Bite
Take a moment to enjoy the aroma and savor the flavors of your homemade chicken pot pie. The tender chicken, flavorful vegetables, and rich gravy come together in each bite to create a satisfying and comforting meal.
Remember to take your time and enjoy this classic comfort food dish!
How long should I cook chicken pot pie in an air fryer?
The cooking time for chicken pot pie in an air fryer is about 15-20 minutes at a temperature of 350°F (175°C).
Can I cook a frozen chicken pot pie in the air fryer?
Yes, you can cook a frozen chicken pot pie in an air fryer. The cooking time will be longer, usually around 25-30 minutes at the same temperature of 350°F (175°C).