An umbrella stroller is usually an addition to your primary stroller solely for travel purposes. So it’s not wise to spend too much on it without knowing the know-how of the key features a travel stroller would require.
In this guide, we will discuss on how to select the best umbrella stroller for your baby.
This plays a crucial role as you are looking to travel with this stroller. So it needs to be light weight with smaller foot-print to maximize portability. Also don’t go for very low weight strollers as they may not be durable and might break easily.
Know the dimensions of the stroller when folded to assess whether it will fit your car trunk easily.
You should choose one with an easy fold mechanism which can be operated with one hand.
Always prefer aluminium or metal parts as well as rubber wheels for longer durability and life of the stroller.
Make sure it has 5-point harness for safety, a good canopy, reclining seat in case you have a long napping baby and a decent storage space to store your child’s bag.
5 Best Umbrella Strollers
Kinderwagon BLACK Hop Double Child Stroller
Kinderwagon BLACK Hop Double Child Stroller with canopy is exclusively designed for your twins and performs splendidly.
Its wonderful workmanship – a brand signature, makes it one of the top models in its category making it durable and comfortable for your child.
- Rear seat reclines to 130 degrees for 3 month old and 2 position front seats recline with foot rest for babies over 6 months.
- The Removable canopy has 2 viewing windows.
- It’s built of lightweight aluminium frame.
- One touch double brakes.
- Front swivelling wheels with locks and suspensions in both front and back wheels.
- Built- in car seat adaptor compatible with Graco Snug Models.
- Compact umbrella fold.
- Adjustable handle bars.
- Its umbrella fold makes closing and opening it very easy.
- It’s very small and light weight for a double stroller.
- It has a stadium seating, due to which the baby in the back gets the same view as the baby in the front.
- Having a single foot print, it eases its way through crowds and doorways.
- The canopy does not cover both the babies.
- Front seat does not have enough recline for comfort.
- Basket storage is not very big.
- Wheels are not comfortable on terrain.
This is an impressive and trust worthy stroller especially for travel with good build and quality. Its compact size makes it easy to take on the go and fits any car trunk.
Kolcraft Cloud Double Umbrella Stroller
Make your twins completely comfortable with this Kolcraft Cloud Double Umbrella Stroller, in Scarlet. This light weight stroller is easy on the move and comes with many great features.
- It has front swivel wheels that can absorb shock
- One step easy folding mechanism.
- It comes with a 3 point safety harness.
- It has an extended sun-canopy and rear hood.
- It has Storage basket.
- Foam padded handles to allow easy steering.
- It comes with a parent cup-holder.
- It has a Cool-climate roll-up mesh for increased air circulation and creates comfortable head rest.
- It’s a light weight stroller with great value for money.
- For a double stroller, it folds compactly.
- Best double stroller to fit your car trunk with ease.
- Its canopies expand.
- It has 3 point safety harness as compared to the usual 5 point in most strollers.
- Each seat can hold only 35 lbs which is less compared to competitors.
- The stroller is a bit flimsy.
- It does not have any bottom storage basket.
This is not your everyday standard stroller. But it can easily get in and out of your car making it a good stroller for travel due to its light weight and compact size.
Its easy fold and extending canopies make it a great stroller for any climatic conditions when you travel. All the features of a full size stroller are packed in this.
Luv Lap Sunshine Baby Stroller
- NEWBORN TO TODDLER: Suitable from birth up to toddlers (25kg), sitting upright to watch the world or reclining to a lie-flat position
- ADJUSTING AS THEY GROW: With a robust chassis, higher seat back and adjustable calf support your little one can keep comfortable and supported in the Pop Star Buggy as they grow
- 2-In-1 DESIGN: Premium footmuff to keep your little one safe and snug that unzips for warmer weather to create a comfortable padded seat liner
Are you looking for affordable baby strollers? Then Luv Lap Sunshine Baby Stroller may be the right one for you. It has some great features for the price as well as a stylish look and is light weight.
The extra seat pad protects your baby from falling down. You can use the stroller till your kid turns two.
- Reversible handle.
- Three position reclining seat.
- Canopy with removable mosquito net.
- Shopping basket and back pockets
- 3 point safety belt.
- Eight wheels.
- Brakes in the rear wheels.
- Swiveling front wheels with locking system.
- Ease of use with a single hand.
- An affordable budget stroller.
- Good storage space.
- 3 point safety belt ensures safety.
- It is a semi-assembled pram on purchase and the user manual is not easy to understand to assemble the whole pram.
- Wheels are of larger size than a regular stroller leading to alignment problems.
- It’s not very easy to get the seat to reclining position or to fold the pram.
Even though it has some disadvantages, but for the price this is a great stroller. It does not compromise on quality and safety for your child as all four wheels have brakes and wheels and there is a good safety belt too.
It also comes in various colour options. So if you are budget conscious, go ahead and pick this stroller for your child today.