A rotating laser self-levelling is a great help for any kind of surveying work. Both professionals and do-it-yourselfers can survey any type of space with or without slopes.
The self-levelling function automatically adjusts the device so that the laser lines are aligned vertically or horizontally with precise accuracy. Rotating lasers with a locking function, on the other hand, are also able to measure slopes and inclinations.
High-quality rotating lasers with servo motors, on the other hand, are a special feature; they can measure “calibrated” inclinations with the help of the self-levelling function.
5 Best Self Leveling Rotary Laser Levels
What does a self-levelling function do?
Technical devices such as a rotating laser or cross-line laser offer professionals and do-it-yourselfers a variety of aids in the field of surveying technology. Surveying aids that are self-levelling are particularly practical. Because with the self-levelling function, it is very easy to create vertical and horizontal laser planes to within a few millimetres.
Complicated adjustments by hand and spirit level are no longer necessary, as the laser beam automatically aligns itself vertically and/or horizontally. The levelling accuracy indicates the deviation per metre. The lower this value, the more accurate the self-levelling of the rotating laser.
However, self-levelling can also be used to create calibrated angles. With the help of sensors, the device knows where the horizontal line is and calculates the angles on this basis. In this way, these devices are able to precisely measure a 3% slope. This is particularly necessary for large parking areas or similar.
However, only professional devices have such a calibrated, fully automatic slope function. Inexpensive alternatives rely on a so-called locking function. This can also be used to measure angles, but these are not “calibrated” and have to be set manually.
Self Leveling Rotary Laser Levels
Huepar RL200HR Professional Electronic Self-Leveling Red Rotary Laser Level - 360 Horizontal Laser Beam Interior/Exterior Rotating Laser Tool, Receiver, Protective Glasses, Hard Case Kit
- 【WIDE APPLICATIONS】: This rotary laser features electronic self-leveling, projecting 360 horizontal laser beam. You can use horizontally for install wainscoting, or leveling cabinets and more indoor & outdoor applications. This is a great laser tool for any job from DIY to large commercial construction, and everything in between.
- 【ELECTRONIC SELF-LEVELING & VIBRATE MODE】: Electronic Horizontal self leveling makes this rotary laser self level up to 5° within 10 seconds. Besides, slight movements can be ignored in windy or other vibrating conditions while turn on vibrate mode. Self-leveling or manual mode, choose whatever you want with our rotary laser.
- 【HIGH PRECISION & EXTENDED RANGE】: Our rotary laser level projects bright red beam with accuracy of ±3mm at 30m. It provides precision needs for the contractors when doing jobs like alignment and height transfer. In addition, it is a great tool for large job-sites at a working range up to 500m diameter using with our Receiver(included in the kit).
- 【DURABLE DESIGN】: RL200HR rotary laser level adopts the finest industry materials and coated glass, which not only provides high quality of laser beam but also ensures the tool survive even after minor accidents. This rotary laser level tool is IP54 rated to withstand tough job-site conditions such as raining or dust for better protection. Class 2 (IEC/EN60825-1/2014), output power
- 【KIT CONTENTS & WARRANTY】: This Rotary Laser Kit includes RL200HR rotary laser, red glasses, alkaline battery pack, receiver with clamp, user manual, hard-shell carrying case. One-year warranty can be extended to two years if registered as a royal customer (Guides offered on the package box).
Ridgeyard Adjustable Automatic Self Leveling Rotary Laser Level Green Beam +1.63 Aluminum Tripod + 5M Staff Range (Green laser and tripod)
- ❤Pass ISO9001 Quality Certification. Higher power more light leveling range more further
- ❤Green beam light beam more thin accurate, Width of laser line by 5m is 3 mm. (Come with TWO packages.)
- ❤Laser Level: Class I; Output power: 5mw
- ❤Measuring Range: Diameter:500m(Using the laser detector)
- ❤5M Staff Weight: 1.6KG; 1.63M Aluminum Tripod; Weight: 3.6KG.
FORAVER Red Rotary Laser Level Self Leveling Measuring Automatic with Receiver Remote Control Carrying Case Tripod 5m Staff Cross Line(Red Laser Level+Tripod+Staff)
- Precise Measurement: The harmonious combination of laser level, tripod, and staff contributes a lot to precise measurement. Our products are suitable for indoor and outdoor use, performing accurate frame and truss work, carpentry, shelving, etc.
- 360-degree Rotary Scanning: Featuring the 360-degree rotatable function, the outdoor laser level scans your entire working area with clear, bright, and stable lines. It comes with laser glasses, and you easily see the laser in strong sunlight.
- Self-leveling & Auto-alignment: The laser level rotating is auto-controlled to align and adjust the line within the self-leveling range of ±5 degrees. With the most advanced positioning system, it makes your works more efficient and accurate.
- Premium Quality: This laser level is built with sturdy plastic and superior metal materials. The tripod and staff are constructed with sturdy aluminum materials, featuring high hardness and lightweight. Three fixed tip feet can be easily inserted into the ground to keep the tripod and the installed equipment stable during operation.
- Powerful Leveling Staff: With five telescoping sections, our telescoping rod provides enough length, up to 16.4 ft/5 m, to meet your different measurement needs. The rod is designed with a dual-sided scale in metric and stored in a robust carrying bag.
Zokoun Laser Floor and Wall Powerful Green 16 Lines, 360° Rotary Self-Leveling Laser Level Horizontal&Vertical Cross with Wireless Control 4D Laser Level with Li-ion Battery (IE16R)
- 【HIGH VISIBLE GREEN LASER】Class II Green cross laser line, < 1Mw. Zokoun's IE16R green beam laser use lastest Germany technology, higher visibility, eye friendly for all-new experience. Bright green-beam laser up to 2X brighter than standard red beams, which improves your work efficiency.
- 【TOUCH KEY & REMOTE CONTROL】This laser level can use both the touch button and the remote control in order to easily operate 15m away. LED touch indicator (H: horizontal line switch, V: vertical line switch, V: tilt mode). Note: The line mode switches every time when you short press the H/V button. 5000mAh Li-ion battery can be changed at necessary time. The adapter can also power the line laser level separately.
- 【Self-leveling & Manual Mode】Self-leveling Mode: After power on, the self-leveling mode is enabled by default. When the device is out of self-leveling range(4 degrees), the laser beam(s)will blink fast. Note: When using it under Self-leveling mode, please place this laser tool on a level surface. Manual/ Tilt Mode: After power on, press and hold V for 2 seconds to switch to manual mode, the LED indicator lights up in red. Position the device at various angles.
- 【BETTER DESIGN】The distance from the glass window to wall is
- 【OUTDOOR PULSE MODE】( USE WITH RECEIVER: B089VY3ZJV )-Press and hold H for≥2 seconds to turn on the pulse mode the LED indicator lights up in green continuously. Press and hold V for ≥2 seconds again to turn off the pulse mode/switch to self-leveling mode, then the LED indicator lights off. With Amazon's excellent delivery service, 24-month Quality Assurance.
Bosch Professional Rotation Laser Level GRL 400 H (One-button keypad, Working Range: up to 400m (diameter), in carrying case)
- IDEAL FOR THE JOBSITE: Withstands harsh conditions of any outdoor jobsite thanks to the IP56 water and dust protection
- EASY TO USE: One-button keypad, Electronic Self Levelling functionality, and convenient battery tray
- PRECISE RESULTS: Consistently accurate results with ± 2,4 mm at 30 m levelling accuracy and an ADS shock warning system
- APPLICATIONS: Ideal for outdoor levelling, applications in building construction, civil engineering and landscaping.
- ITEMS INCLUDED: Rotation Laser Level GRL 400 H, laser receiver LR1, 1x 9V battery, 2x 1.5V LR20 battery, charger, carrying case
What are the differences in the self-levelling functions of rotating lasers?
A distinction must be made between horizontal and vertical self-levelling functions. However, it must be taken into account that not every self-levelling rotating laser projects vertical laser beams in addition to horizontal ones. Often only high-priced devices are able to perform horizontal and vertical surveys with the self-levelling function.
Only rotary lasers with fully automatic tilt functions make use of self-levelling when measuring angles and can thus create reproducible angles. How accurately rotary lasers with self-levelling work depends on the equipment and the price category.
The higher the quality of the device, the more accurate the levelling accuracy. This value is an important purchase criterion and ranges between 0.1 mm per metre and 0.05 mm per metre for most rotary lasers. With some devices, these values are also given as 1 mm/5 mm per 10 metres.
How does a self-levelling function work?
Most rotating lasers work with pendulum technology. Alternatively, there is the more sophisticated version with a servomotor. Pendulum technology relies on gravity to align the laser plane exactly horizontally. However, rotating lasers with a pendulum are not able to create self-levelling vertical laser planes. As a rule, only the higher-quality devices with servomotors can do this.
The additional function called the locking function is important. This enables cheaper models with a pendulum to create vertical laser planes. However, these must then be meticulously adjusted by hand, as the self-levelling function no longer works when the locking function is activated. Incidentally, the same applies to measuring angles with the help of a locking function.
Self-levelling rotary lasers with servomotors, however, work even more precisely and can generate horizontal and vertical laser planes self-levelling. With a fully automatic model, even exactly reproducible angles can be set automatically.
When does it make sense to deactivate the self-levelling function?
The self-levelling function cannot always be used. This is the case, for example, when a model with pendulum is used and slopes or vertical things are to be measured. But even fully automatic devices can reach their limits if the angles are too large and can only measure them with the help of the locking function. In both cases, the self-levelling function would be deactivated and you would have to set the desired angle meticulously with an angle plate or similar.