Do you want to help nature and also want to remove stress of always carrying physical documents? Go digital. Yes, that’s best way to help nature, after all paper is made from trees only. Scanning physical documents and sharing it with friends is quite easy. Especially, sharing photos is quite easy with digital copy. One cannot carry physical photo album all the time to share it with friends.
But how if you get a scanner which scans all photos & docs while you moving? Mobile scanners are quite popular nowadays due to its features and low price. Here we have listed some of the most popular Receipt Scanner which scans all your docs in minute with high quality. There are different types of Receipt scanner available in market which uses different level of precision and technology and are vary from price to price. Do compare all popular receipt scanners on below table.
Top 5 Best Receipt Scanners
Why we should use Receipt Scanner?
Using receipt scanner, one can achieve digitization of documents and photos. The globe today is going on digital manner. In the era of email and Smartphone’s, it’s too outdated to use physical documents or photo albums. Also, finding, editing, sharing is quite easy in digital format, while in physical format, it’s quite time consuming, boring and full of error task.
While, digital docs are easy to keep, requires very less space. While, the physical one needs to more space and in the event of Fire, flood or any other natural disaster, cloud storage of digital is perfectly safe and easy to reproduce, while physical docs are not safe from natural disasters.
Receipt scanners are physical device that scans your docs, on the go, mobile. It’s quit easy to use, one can even use it without expert guide. Do check out reviews of receipt scanners.
Best Receipt Scanners in UK
Do read our expert review on receipt scanners with best features, have better Scanability, uses advance software, exports in different formats and have positive user feedback.
Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i Mobile Document Scanner
1 used from £199.99
- Scan up to 12 double-sided pages per minute through the 10 page automatic document feeder
- One button searchable PDF creation, create editable Word and Excel files
- Business card scanning software, scan your receipts and extract data
- USB or AC powered, cross-platform compatibility for PC and Mac
- Scan to iPad, iPhone, Android and Kindle devices and cloud services
- Scan up to 12 double-sided pages per minute through the 10 page automatic document feeder
- Operates on USB bus power
- Share directly to cloud
- Most advance software
- Uses Rack-2Filer Smart software
- Cannot integrated with money and tax 3rd party software
Fujitsu’s ScanSnaps is most advance, best and perfect receipt scanner which does every job perfectly. If you are looking for scanner which scans pure high quality documents and photos, same as original and long durable, Go for ScanSnap S1300i. One can use it for personal as well as for professional use too.
You can easily scan up to 34 inch long document in Scansnap S1300i, which means any file paper or big form can be scanned in one go. Also, the scanning quality is quite high, we did try scanning photographs and it was same like original. After scanning documents, you directly export it in word, excel, pdf and other major formats directly.
Users can also share scanned documents directly to Google Docs, Dropbox, Salesforce Chatter, SugarSync and Evernote. Scanning is quite easy, also the software used in this scanner, Rack-2Filer Smart, will automatically detect paper size, color and will auto Crop it. Users can create unique binders to select pictures, add sticky notes to files, create separate folders; everything can be done with Scansnap.
In Addition, you will get business card software, organizer, scansnap connect app, and additional scan accuracy checks with this scanner. Its total package, which one needed with digital scanner, the filing tool and other office organizers option are quite useful.
NeatReceipts Mobile Scanner and Digital Filing System
- Slim and lightweight, can run on USB from your computer
- Neat reads and extracts the information from whatever you scan - creating digital content
- Create tax or expense reports with receipt data, or export to Excel, Quicken, or TurboTax and sync contacts with Outlook or Address Book
- Includes a free 30-day trial of NeatCloud, to sync and back up Neat files, and access them anywhere from browser or mobile device
- Receipts, business cards, docs, photos everything can be scanned
- Powerful and advance Neat Software
- Export to multiple formats, supports money/tax software too
- Cannot used for image scanning, quite poor image reproduction
- It requires oversight to use this device
The most lightweight and slim scanner is here from NeatReceipts. It’s a mobile scanner which can run on USB from your Mac or Computer. Though, its good for limited use to receipt and document only. Because of low visual clarity, we do not recommend it for photo scanning.
But if you are related to finance business where you need to daily manage tax and money related documents, this scanner will be good partner of yours. It can easily generate tax related reports and even can be integrated with tax / money software. Its perfect device for those who completely gone away from paper docs and loves to use digital copies every time.
It can exports file in multiple formats, from excel to PDF to word easily. Also, it will auto fill Data in excel sheets from integrated money management software like Turbo Tax and Quciken etc. It save lots of time by filling data on own, people who daily come across tax/money related tasks, this is pure bliss for them.
NeatReceipts has quite advance software in this device, which can scan automatically thousands of documents without any human interference. Just give little attention to the work progress and you can do all task completely. Also, user will get 30 days of trial pack of Neat Cloud software, which helps you to sync and backup files. You can also get premium support from Neatcare for any issue and you can claim one year of warranty for accidental damage or for extra protection.
Brother DS-620 Mobile Color Page Scanner
- MAXIMISE PRODUCTIVITY WHILST ON THE MOVE - Scan documents at up to 7.5ppm (8 seconds per page) in mono and colour
- EASY TO USE - One touch scanning technology and USB powered. Works with Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems
- FAST AND EFFICIENT - Scan anything from business cards, driving licences, plastic ID cards, photographs, receipts and A4 documents
- HIGH QUALITY - Up to 600 x 600 dpi scanning output
- Affordable Price
- Easily scan images, cards, docs
- Small and compact, high efficient scanning speed
- Does not support much software
- Not so consistent software
- Sharing is not so easy
One of the cheap and lightweight scanner which have ability to perform all basic task of scanner. It totally worth of its price, those who just want to digitalize physical documents, can defiantly prefer this scanner.
Brother DS- 620 has good scanability, which can easily scan photograph, images, ID, documents, easily. The color combination is perfect and it reproduces good quality of images. If you are having less usage and just want it for occasional use, its perfect scanner for you. Despite being low priced, Brother DS-620 can export it scanned documents in PDF, Excel, word and etc.
One can easily scan, convert, reproduce, organize and share documents easily. But you can surely miss cloud sharing and other high end features which you were getting in ScanSnap. But, you can use this as mobile (like all other scanner), can be used via USB power, and can be easily scan up to 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution.
RDS620 is capable of 3 software, and perfect for scanning Documents, Business Cards and Images. The software used in this scanner is not up to mark, can sometimes leaves black space and sometimes produce broken images as well. Its highly recommend to purchase extra software for this. Also, installing software is big task, better to hire experts.
Epson WorkForce DS-30 Portable Document & Image Scanner
1 used from £86.40
- Scan Anywhere: The WorkForce ES-50 has a small, lightweight design - perfect for scanning on the go
- USB: Powered and connected via USB - compatible with USB 2.0 specification
- Fast Scanning Speed: The WorkForce ES-50 can scan at a rate of just 5.5 seconds per page
- Flexible: Scanner can handle a range of media types, paper stocks from 35gsm to 270gsm and long paper up to 1.8m
- SmartScan Software: With Epson ScanSmart software, scans can easily be saved and sent in a number of common formats
- Lightweight and affordable
- Real 600 dpi resolution
- High image reproduce capability
- USB powered
- Auto size detection
- USB issue are mentioned by some users
- Software is bit sketchy
Another affordable option from Epson for those users who have very limited usage. Epson WorkForceDS-30 is mobile scanner which has ability to scan documents and image easily and export in multiple formats.
You can get scan documents/ images in 600 dpi color CIS and scan documents up to 8.5”X14” format. Of cours, you can also scan business cards, credit cards and ID too. It is perfect for A4 Size paper scan, with advance features. You can even use it while traveling, due to its light weight feature.
You can directly scan and share to cloud storage (google docs and Dropbox), EPSON Ds-30 has that feature. It is USB powered, compatible with windows and Mac machines. You can export files in excel, word and PDF formats easily. Epson’s has included OCR and documents management suits with this scanner.
Epsons has powered this scanner with powerful software like Document Capture Pro, ABBYY FineReader, NewSoft PageManager and many more. Epson has given 12 months of limited warranty with DS-30.
Canon Office Products LiDE120 Color Image Scanner
- Ultra-compact, lightweight and versatile
- Productive 16 ipm double-sided scanning with ten sheet ADF
- Supports embossed card and photo scanning
- Convenient, intuitive plug-and-scan operation
- Mac and Windows compatible
- Perfect for color image scanning
- High resolution
- Light weight
- Auto size detect
- Share to cloud easily
- Not so travel friendly
- Not good with document scanning
- Software is not so updated
If you want scanner for photo scanning, use Canon LiDE120 which reproduce perfect images with high resolution. It budget friendly and compact design too. Canon LiDE120 can be used for commercial purpose too. Its a color scanner which supports very high resolutions.
Using Canon LiDE120, one can easily scan and share images to cloud with one touch. It supports resolution of 2400 x 4800 dpi which is highest in any image scanner. It detects the image/document size automatically. If you are using it for data charts or for analysis, you will surely get good high quality image which can reproduce beautiful images.
It is USB powered; using same USB you can transfer images too. It has EZ buttons which gives work efficiency and easy one touch scan, copy, and share. It can export images in PDF format too. It scans one image in just 16 seconds, which is super fast. It supports maximum size of 8.5 inches x 11.7 inches and uses 25W of power.
Receipt scanner is quite needed nowadays since we are all going digital but the world is still not 100% digital. We still are getting paper receipts from banks to government office and many more. So, using receipt scanner, we can help nature and ourselves which reduce our work.
Also, receipt scanner like Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i help us to scan big size document (34”) while traveling using USB power and can make things easy for us. You can scan, copy images/documents anywhere and directly share it to cloud storage without much mess. If you are daily come up with paper documents, you must own receipt scanner.