The 360° laser level model has become increasingly popular in recent years. Due to the large number of laser axes, it can project different laser crosses through the entire room. This has many advantages, which we will examine in more detail in the following text.
However, other models such as the rotating laser are also available as an alternative. This text will clarify what exactly makes this model so special and what you should look out for when buying.
Top 5 Best 360 degree Laser Levels
What is a 360° laser level?
Before we go into more detail about the 360° laser level, we should first clarify exactly what such a laser is. Many people do not really know what a 360° is, which is why we will first look at its basic characteristics.
As the name suggests, the laser is projected 360°, i.e. once around the cross-line laser in the entire room. This is often done by a prism and two different radiation domes, so that the cross-line laser can cover all the walls around it. Of course, there are also other variants such as the 180° laser. This projects the laser only around 180°, so that the entire room is not covered.
Is a three-axis 360° laser level the best 360° laser?
But there are also different models of 360° lasers, which have different advantages and disadvantages. The so-called 3-axis 360° lasers are particularly popular for professional use. Due to several laser line crosses, these enable a more precise image of the room.
Individual laser crosses are formed in all directions and on every wall and ceiling. More precisely, these special models have a total of three 360° lasers that are projected at different angles for even more accurate measurement. Especially if you take the laser out and want to install it again in the same place after some time, it has some advantages.
For example, the plumb point, a laser point that is projected onto the wall or ceiling, is automatically available with every 3-axis laser. If you mark this point on the wall with a pencil beforehand, the laser can easily be placed in exactly the same position again. This minimises measurement errors and saves a lot of time and set-up stress.
Furthermore, 3-axis lasers are one of the few lasers that work with self-levelling laser lines for the ceiling. This means that the machine automatically makes sure that its laser lines are perfectly aligned and straight.
Especially when quickly attaching a lamp or other things, this feature can be very handy. The machine automatically tells you if everything is aligned straight, so you can save yourself a lot of time and also inaccuracies.
Best 360 degree Laser Levels
KAIWEETS KT360A Laser Level Green, 3X360° Laser Level, 3D Lines Laser 30M (Up to 60M with Detector) with Self-Levelling Mode, Manual Mode, Independents Windows, 2 Batteries for 40 hours, Magnetic Base
- ✅3x360 ° Line: KAIWEETS KT360A Self-leveling laser level projects 1x horizontal panel and 2x vertical panels(in tatal 12 lines). Parallel alignment on floors, ceilings and walls with one horizontal and two vertical lines. It enables complete coverage of the entire room.
- ✅Visibility Range: Green laser lines for optimal visibility. The green laser line is 4X brightness than the red laser line. With pulse mode allows good visibility outdoors up to 196ft/60m diameter range under 20000lux illuminance (receiver not included).
- ✅Self-leveling: Exact alignment of the device with Osram laser diode. Self-leveling within 4 degrees. 1 button for easy selection of different modes. Guaranteed fast and error-free work thanks to automatic self-leveling in a few seconds. Leveling accuracy: ± 3mm / 10m. Robust housing, IP54 waterproof and dustproof.
- ✅Extremely long working time: With 2 rechargeable lithium batteries. Each battery lasts 20 hours with 12 laser lines in one charge. Battery status indicator on the device.
- ✅Delivery: 1X KAIWEETS KT360A, 2X Lithium Battery, 1X Magnetic Holder, 1X Fabric Bag, 1X Type-C Charger, 1X Laser Target Plate, 1X User Manual and lifetime technical support.
Huepar 3D Cross Line Self-Leveling Laser Level 3 x 360 Green Beam Three-Plane Leveling and Alignment Laser Tool, Li-ion Battery with Type-C Charging Port & Hard Carry Case Included - B03CG Pro
- ⭐Fully Layout with 3 x 360° Line Lasers : One 360° horizontal and two 360° vertical planes enable users to cover the floor, wall, ceiling all around the room. The three laser lines can be selected individually depends on job site applications. With our smart pendulum system, this laser level tool self-levels and indicates out-of-level condition while pendulum unlocked. Once pendulum locked, it switches to manual mode to lock lines for use at any angle.
- ⭐Dual Power Methods & Type-C Charging Port: Huepar B03CG Laser Level employed a large capacity of 3.7V / 5200mAh lithium battery and provides up to 8 hours of running time. The lithium battery comes with a Type-C charging port that can be charged separately. When taking out the battery, the laser tool can be used at the job site by plugged in. 4 battery indicators on the keypad allow users to know the current battery volume and charging protection helps prevent from overcharging.
- ⭐Brighter Green Laser & Outdoor Pulse Mode: This cross line laser adopts the bright Osram’s green laser unit, which is resistant to temperature changes and has higher stability. At the same power, the green laser is twice bright as the red laser, with a working range up to 85 feet (300LUX) of accuracy within ±1/9 Inch at 33 Feet. The outdoor pulse mode can be activated by pressing the Pulse Mode Button, allowing to extend the laser range up to 200 feet with Huepar Line Laser Detector.
- ⭐More Installation Methods: The laser level comes with 1/4"-20 thread to suit for standard tripod or laser mounting pole. Equipped with a magnetic pivoting base, the laser tool can be rotated to the required angle. And the 1/4"-20 & 5/8"-11 mounting threads help mount it to different tripod threads. Two strong magnets allow for attachment to metal track and steel. Two nail holes for more fixing methods when working. The laser windows can be removed and replaced with a screwdriver.
- ⭐Durable Design & Package Contents: The laser tool is completely covered by TPR soft rubber, which delivers soft touch and stronger protection. IP54 water/dust resistance ensures you work well in hazardous working conditions. The kit comes with a hard carry case bringing much more convenient to carry and store the laser tool. Package includes Laser level, Li-ion battery with type-c charging port, Magnetic bracket, Type-C power cord, Power adapter, Target plate, User manual.
CIGMAN Green Laser Level, 3x360 Self Leveling Laser Level, Switchable 3D Laser Line 30M (Up to 50M with Detector), Rechargeable Battery Built-in, Rotary Stand, Remote Control, Magnetic Base
- 【High Visibility】: The green laser level line is 4x brightness than the red beam, which can provide a working distance of up to 100ft, available outdoors. Safety level-Class II,
- 【3x360° Full Layout】: 1x360° HORIZONTAL LINE & 2x360° VERTICAL LINES cover all around the room. Each button on this laser level corresponds to a single laser line, you can easily choose to turn on/off any laser line.
- 【Remote Control & Rechargeable】: With the remote control, your alignment job becomes simple and fast. Type-C charging saves you the trouble of changing batteries
- 【Self-Leveling & Manual Mode】: Unlock the pendulum, the laser level will self-level within 4°(otherwise the laser will keep flashing). Lock the pendulum to switch to the manual mode, meet your alignment needs from different angles
- 【What You Get】: 1x CM-701 Laser Level Tool, 1x Portable Bag, 1x Magnetic "L" Base, 1x Mini Tripod Base, 1x Remote Control, 1x Laser Target Plate, 1x Type-C cable, 1x User Manual. Combined with Amazon's excellent delivery service, we provide a 36-Month after-sale service, lifetime technical support. Please feel free to contact us if you have any concerns
Laser Level, Huepar 3D Cross Line 12 Lines Self-Leveling Laser Level with Pulse Mode, 3 x 360 ° Green Beam Three-Plane Leveling and Alignment Laser Tool IP54 Shockproof with 360° Magnetic Base&Battery
- 【FULL LAYOUT WITH 3 X 360 LINES LASERS】: One 360 Degree horizontal and two 360 Degree vertical planes enable users to cover the floor, wall, ceiling all around the room. Two vertical lines cross at 90°angles makes user quickly visualize and square the layout. For three planes, flat surface laser windows can project lasers closing to the wall at a minimum 10mm distance which makes it easier and more precise for users to do any paneling jobs. Note: GF360G comes with replaceable laser window.
- 【SWITCHABLE LINE LASER & REPLACE-ABLE WINDOW】: The horizontal and two vertical 360 Degree laser lines can be switched individually that you can choose whatever you want to work with vertical, horizontal or all laser lines simultaneously. With our smart pendulum system, this laser level self levels and indicates out-of-level condition while pendulum unlocked. Once pendulum locked, it switches to manual mode to lock lines for use at any angle. All the laser window can be removed and replaced.
- 【GREEN LASER & OUTDOOR PULSE MODE】: This laser level projects green beam laser which is 4 times brighter than standard red beams with a working range up to 45m with accuracy of ±3mm/10m. Besides brighter green beam, an outdoor pulse mode extends the laser range up to 60m with Huepar Line Laser Receiver(Asin:B07GVC2XD9) in bright-light or outdoor conditions. GF360G laser level makes job easier in brighter and larger space working conditions.
- 【CONVENIENT USB CHARGING FUNCTION】: With USB charging function, users can charge this laser level tool with any USB power supply device even if taking out the battery from the laser level. Super large capacity rechargeable battery can last for 6 hours with all lasers on. The battery enjoy 2 years free replacement guarantee. This laser also offers 1/4"-20 and 5/8"-11 mounting threads for temporarily fastening in place or being fixed on tripod.
- 【DURABLE DESIGN & WARRANTY】: IP54 water/dust-proof ensures you work well under hazardous working conditions. Protected by TPR soft rubber on all sides makes the laser level shock resistant, wear resistant and impact resistant perfectly; It comes with 12 months limited warranty but up to 24 months warranty if become a royal customer through product registration (Offered on the package box).
Huepar 901CG 360 Laser Level Green Switchable Cross Line Self Leveling with Pulse Mode, 1X 360 Degree Horizontal Line + 130 Degree Vertical Large Fan Angle, with Magnetic Rotary Base & Targe Card
- 【360 DEGREE HORIZONTAL LINE】: This laser tool projects one 360° horizontal line and one 130° large fan angle vertical laser line.The 360° horizontal line makes it ideal for installing chair rail molding, wall paper, windows, drapery rods, and more. Together with the vertical line, the laser tool features plumb cross line to accurately guide a range of DIY projects. This tool is perfect for leveling, alignment and layout applications.
- 【GREEN BEAM&OUTDOOR PULSE MODE】 :This self-leveling cross line laser level adopts ultra bright green beam with an accuracy of ± 1/9 inch at 33Ft(3mm/10m). With pulse mode, the laser working range can be extended up to 196Ft with Huepar Line Laser Receiver in bright light or outdoor conditions. We recommend Huapar laser detector LR-5RG(Asin: B07L59G72J) or LR-6RG(Asin: B07GVC2XD9).
- 【SWITCHABLE LASER LINE】: The one 360° horizontal and vertical laser lines can be selected individually depends on job-site applications. Withsmart pendulum system, this lasertool self levels and indicates out-of-level condition while pendulum unlocked. Once pendulum locked, it switches to manual mode to lock lines for use at any angle.
- 【MAGNETIC BRACKET&DURABLE DESIGN】:The included strong magnetic pivoting baseenables to be attached to metal surfaces and turn the laser level around at 180°. The laser tool also offers 1/4"-20 mounting threads to suit for standard tripod or laser pole mounts. Huepar 901CG Laser Level is covered by TPR soft rubber for shock resistant, IP54 waterproof and dustproof, shockproof, wear resistant, impact resistance.
- 【KIT CONTENTS&WARRANTY】: This laser level tool kit includes 901CG laser level tool, 180° strong magnetic pivoting base, 4 AA batteries, portable carrying bag, laser target. Customer can enjoy 12 months limited warranty but up to 24 months longer warranty if you become a royal customer through the product registration (Offered on the package box).
What to look for when buying a 360° laser level
If you decide to buy a 360° cross line laser level, there are some important aspects you should pay attention to.
It is very important that you are aware of the advantages and disadvantages and your own requirements.
This will not only save you a lot of money, but you will also get the laser that is best suited for you.
The number of axes plays a decisive role in the decision. Lasers with three or more axes are able to project laser cross lines in all directions. In this way, the entire room can be covered. There are also lasers with more than three axes, but in most cases these are only recommended for absolute professionals. Especially since they sometimes cost considerably more, three axes should be sufficient for most people.
For easy handling, the self-levelling feature already mentioned should also be available. This can compensate for inclinations of up to 5° so that the laser lines appear perfectly straight on the wall again.
Furthermore, the so-called plumb points appear automatically, so that the laser device can be perfectly aligned again. These features should not be missing in any case.
However, if you also want to measure slopes, a locking function can’t hurt. This switches the levelling off automatically for a short time. This way, the laser lines can also be optimally aligned on slopes and fixed accordingly. The laser colour can also play an important role in the selection.
While green lasers are much more visible and do not overlap with sunlight, red lasers have other advantages. For example, they are easier on the eyes, use less power and are easier to see in dark rooms. Depending on the area of application, both laser models can make sense.
Are rotating lasers a sensible alternative to the 360° laser level?
Another very popular and widespread alternative to the conventional 360° lasers are the rotating lasers. In contrast to the 360° laser level models, these do not project laser lines, but only a single laser dot.
This is then rotated around its own axis from the laser so quickly that it looks like a normal line to our human eye.
This system has some striking advantages. For example, the range of the laser is often considerably greater.
While normal cross line lasers can only work 360 degrees for about 60 metres with a receiver, a rotating laser can easily work at distances of 400 metres. Although such distances are usually only important in professional construction, there are other advantages.
With a levelling accuracy of approx. 0.1 mm on one metre, this is usually up to three times higher than the conventional versions. So for very precise and small measurements, such a laser can be an advantage. However, unfortunately you also have to accept some disadvantages where you would be better off with the 360° cross line laser.
The higher accuracy has to be paid for with lower visibility. The projected laser line from only one point is more difficult for the human eye to perceive than the conventional line. In addition, rotating lasers are often much larger, more unwieldy and usually have only one axis. This means that it is not possible to measure the entire room at once.
Although these models are able to project their laser lines at different angles and also vertically, only the more expensive models can do this. So if you really want to have this feature integrated, you have to put more money on the table. Rotating lasers, for example, start at around 400£, while cross-line lasers are almost fully equipped from 300£.
Rotating laser VS Cross line laser
- Significantly longer range with over 400 m
- Better measuring and levelling accuracy
- More suitable for outdoor work
- Laser line is better visible to the eye
- More handy device with several axes for large-area measurement
- Significantly cheaper to buy
- More suitable for working indoors
Conclusion – which model is better suited when?
Due to their long range and more precise measurements, rotating lasers are particularly suitable for outdoors and larger areas. This is where they can show all their strengths, and multiple axes are usually not needed here. So if you work outside a lot, you should consider paying this extra price.
In contrast, conventional 360° lasers are more suitable for indoors and smaller rooms. Here they can shine due to their large number of axes. Those who work particularly in such environments should rather go with the cheaper cross-line lasers, as these have been designed precisely for such situations.